- This is a 2023 review of the best Android video editing apps for smartphones and tablets.
- The list of options includes Adobe Rush, InShot, PowerDirector, CapCut, VN Video Editor, VLLO, LumaFusion, KineMaster, YouCut, Splice, Quik, Filmora, CueCut, Videoleap, and Motion Ninja.
- The top three editing apps are CapCut, VLLO, and LumaFusion.
- CapCut is a free video editing app that is intuitive and easy to use with access to many features and effects.
- VLLO has a similar interface to CapCut and VN Video Editor, but with more professional features including ripple edit tools and adjustment layers.
- LumaFusion is an advanced option with a high price point but offers a wide range of professional features and controls.
- CapCut is created by ByteDance, the same company that makes TikTok, and has extra effects and filters for creating great-looking videos for other platforms.
- VLLO offers a free version and a premium version with access to premium features for a subscription or one-time payment of $25.99.
ByteDance’s CapCut, VLLO, and LumaFusion have been named the top three video editing apps for Android by video creator Justin Brown. CapCut, which offers a range of filters and effects, as well as a powerful AI transcribing tool and a video stabiliser, was named the best all-rounder, suitable for novice and experienced users alike. VLLO, which has a similar interface to CapCut and VN Video Editor, was praised for its professional features, including ripple edit tools and the ability to apply filters and colour grades as an adjustment layer. Brown recommended the premium version, which costs either $25.99 for lifetime access or a subscription. LumaFusion, which was previously only available on iOS, made the list thanks to its advanced features, which include a multi-track timeline, audio mixing, and keyframe animations. It is priced at $29.99. Other apps that made the list included Adobe Rush, Splice, and YouCut. Brown noted that there are many options available on the Play Store, with different features and pros and cons, and urged users to find the one that is right for them.
- ByteDance’s CapCut, VLLO, and LumaFusion named the top three video editing apps for Android by Justin Brown
- CapCut praised as an all-rounder suitable for novice and experienced users alike
- VLLO recommended for its professional features and ability to apply filters and colour grades as an adjustment layer
- LumaFusion praised for its advanced features, including a multi-track timeline, audio mixing, and keyframe animations
- Other apps that made the list included Adobe Rush, Splice, and YouCut